About CBD oil and its benefits
The medical cannabis industry in Australia has been legislated by the Australian Government since 2016. Licensed businesses meet strict guidelines for establishing approved growing and production methods. Cannatrek is the Australian leading supplier of CBD oil and other medicinal cannabis products.
CBD is an active ingredient contained in cannabis. Medical CBD oil is manufactured under strict controls and doesn’t cause a psychoactive high associated with THC. CBD oil has been extensively studied for its role in addressing symptoms of many health issues such as anxiety, depression, heart disease and acne. Studies show that CBD oil is a safe and powerful treatment for wide-ranging health issues.
Conditions CBD Oil can treat
The Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has approved CBD oil for treating 5 primary conditions and more than 50 other medical conditions. CBD oil has proved successful in easing the symptoms of:
- • Paediatric and young adult epilepsy
- • Multiple sclerosis
- • Chronic pain
- • Nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy
- • Palliative care
If you suffer from any of the above, or another ailment that can be addressed with CBD oil, Cannatrek can assist. CBD oil is generally very safe to use, although some people experience side effects that include nausea, dry mouth, fatigue and drowsiness.
How to purchase CBD Oil
There is still a lot of confusion regarding purchasing CBD oil and other medical marijuana products. You may have questions regarding:
- • Finding out if you are eligible to access CBD oil
- • Finding an authorised prescriber of CBD oil
- • Getting your application approved
- • How CBD oil is prescribed
- • Cost of CBD oil in Australia
- • How much CBD oil you will need
Cannatrek cuts through the chatter to give you the answers. Cannatrek is a technology-driven Australian company with a dedication to consistently provide authentic information, education, and data related to medical marijuana products and treatments.
We provide the complete framework for patients, doctors, and pharmacists to access affordable, efficacious products via our vertical integration approach called “From Seed to Patient”. This allows us to offer:
- • Superior quality control
- • A predictive inventory
- • Greater insight into the market and demand for products
- • New product development
- • Lower production and distribution costs
- • A stable and successful market enterprise
What to consider before purchasing CBD Oil
The medicinal cannabis industry is growing incredibly fast for all the right reasons. However, along with a fast growing industry comes a degree of consumer confusion and misinformation. Here are 6 important considerations when purchasing CBD products.
- 1. How to pick a good brand – Choose a company that follows industry guidelines and provides comprehensive product information for making an informed choice.
- 2. Look for authorised products – Choose a company with a vested interest in every stage of growing and production that meets Australian Government guidelines.
- 3. Know what’s in the product – It’s important to read the ingredient list for CBD oil products to ensure there are no contra-indications for your specific medical condition.
- 4. Consider the intended CBD oil use – It can get confusing to know what’s best for your needs with so many products on the market. Target the right product with Cannatrek.
- 5. Consider the dosage – Look for products that display exactly how much CBD is contained in each dose. It is usually advised to start with a lower dosage, then slowly increase it.
- 6. Understand how it is manufactured – Choose an approved seed to patient CBD oil manufacturer who oversees every step of high quality CBD oil production.
Cannatrek CBD oil ticks all the right boxes for consistency, safety and price. We partner with authorised prescribers, medical practitioners and health professionals who understand the advantages and uses of high quality cannabis medicines.
CBD Oil vs Hemp Seed Oil
There are several different types of CBD oil: CBD Isolate, broad-spectrum CBD, and full-spectrum CBD.
CBD oil is made by extracting the CBD compound from the stalk, leaves and flowers of the hemp plant. Hemp oil is made with cold-pressed hemp seeds and is used as a culinary oil. Hemp seed oil doesn’t contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) known to cause a ‘high’.
CBD oil doesn’t generally contain THC, although full-spectrum CBD oil may contain up to 3% THC. Speak to a cannabis doctor about the right CBD oil product to treat your specific condition.
Using CBD Oil legally in Australia
The Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) continues to work closely with the Department of Health, the Office of Drug Control, general practitioners, and the Australian Government to safely regulate CBD cannabis oil and other medical marijuana products.
The use of medicinal cannabis is growing rapidly in Australia, and some low-dose products are being investigated for over-the-counter approval. However, there are regulations to be aware of and CBD oil products are generally only available with a doctor’s prescription. Cannatrek works closely with cannabis doctors to ensure the CBD oil product you purchase is the right one for you.
Is it safe to buy CBD oil online?
A founding principle of Cannatrek is the creation of an online medical cannabis healthcare platform that that can be easily understood and accessed by patients, doctors, and pharmacists. This holistic approach ensures everyone is kept in the loop regarding cannabinoids and our cannabidiol product safety and efficacy.
All Cannatrek medical cannabis plant products have been thoroughly tested in clinical trials. We believe in providing the best possible treatment options and outcomes for Australians. Medical cannabis has low acute toxicity, making it safe to use, generally without any impairment, adverse events, or side effects. However, concurrent use of other drugs such as opioids may mask the effects of cannabis medicines.
How does CBD Oil work?
CBD is known to interact with endocannabinoids in the central nervous system, with evidence pointing toward CBD oil creating a calming effect. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. While research is ongoing, preliminary evidence shows that CBD may help manage conditions that include:
- • Insomnia
- • PTSD
- • Alzheimer’s disease
- • Parkinson’s disease
- • Type-1 diabetes
- • Chronic non-cancer pain
- • Other significant medical conditions.
How much is CBD Oil on prescription?
This will depend on your specific CBD oil needs according to your cannabis doctor. CBD oil products include tablets, gummies, sprays and other treatment options. You may have eligibility for the Special Access Scheme (SAS), Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, or other access pathways approved by the Australian Government.
In addition, the Authorised Prescriber Scheme allows authorised medical practitioners to supply therapeutic goods that are not included in the ARTG. Cannatrek offers a safe medical cannabis pathway toward better health. Speak to a Cannatrek specialist regarding our suite of medical cannabis products and services.